Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Danish folk music

Globalization strikes again. Here I am sitting in Porto, Portugal, listening to U.S. National Public Radio on the Internet through my laptop, and what comes up but a story on Danish folk music, which has popped up in this blog before, when Sandy and I have gone to hear it in Denmark.

Here is an image from the NPR site of Danish "electro-synth band" Infernal. (Probably the folk band photos available did not have such good hair.) But the NPR story really wants to talk about Danish folk, with good reason, because the folk revival and folk-rock syntheses have been an interesting story in lots of places recently, but particularly Scandinavia.

Check out the story at
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16846072

1 comment:

hoolia goolia said...

Oooh, Infernal sounds like my cup o' international synth-pop tea. You may feel free to buy me a disc for Christmas/souvenirs :)

You guys can also feel free to buy me any and all Kent albums you find over there. They are a Swedish rock band I love and I'm sure they are much easier to find in Scandi-land than here!