Thursday, August 14, 2008

Teach your children

Interesting what you can find on the Web these days.

One of my favorite early 1970s songs was Teach Your Children by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. I think I mostly liked the very catchy integration of pedal steel guitar into a straight-ahead pop song with the usual pleasant CSN harmonies, but I also rather liked the sentiments about how children and parents might change. So I went to see what versions of the song are on YouTube.

It is very interesting to see someone do a simple but effective slide show to the song to turn it into a critique of the effects of the Iraq War on children, that tries to be sympathetic to what many U.S. GIs there would like to be, while showing the inevitable impacts on kids of the U.S. under Bush deciding to do social change through a war.

No comments: