Saturday, September 22, 2007

Celebrity poetry slam, Aarhus edition


I saw this on the way from the market in Aarhus today, walking with Sandy. The mind fairly boggles about the way that these two might compete, but I decided that a celebrity poetry slam would be a nice start.

It also made me think about cultural globalization, which is something I think about for a living, anyway, to be honest.

One could see the same graffiti in many places, including Austin. But I wonder if it means the same thing?

It was right across the street from this place. It is even odder to think about what bowling means in places even as modestly different as Aarhus and Austin. I frequently walk by this bowling alley on the way to my office, and it seems to have teenage goths and punks hanging out by it some days -- another interesting bit of globalization -- teenage goths everywhere -- and ordinary looking college students other days.

No comments: